For an easy twist (no pun intended) on a basic pony, follow these steps:
1. Start with clean, dry hair.
2. Gently pull back a small section of hair. Be sure to keep this loose if you’d like to have some volume up front.
3. Towards the crown of your head, start twisting the hair in one direction and pin on the side your are tucking under.
4. Pull another small section back (like you would in a french braid), and twist and pin. Continue to pull sections back until you have made your way down your head.
5. At the bottom of your twist, secure your hair with a pony tail holder.
6. Wrap a small piece of hair around the pony tail holder and pin underneath.